
Here We Go!
This fall both Kaylee and Parker are attending the "Bulldog Babies" preschool held at Provo High School. Parker was pretty much "preschool here I come," while Kaylee really wanted to go but was much more anxious about it. When the big morning came I had a thought. I asked Kaylee if it would be ok, instead of having me stay with her at school, (as she was insisting would be the case) if I could write our phone number down on a piece of paper and have her keep it in her pocket. She agreed and wanted our address too. She folded it carefully and put it in her backpack and off we went. They had no problems--I was a little surprised actually--but grateful it was an easy transition.
Upon arriving to pick up the kids after school--Parker came running full speed ahead with their teacher not far behind. "Miss Smyth," she said, "there's been a little accident." I immediately thought that Parker had had a potty accident. But she clarified that it was Kaylee. But not what I thought. She was over in the corner crying with blood smeared all over her face and hands. She had run into Parker as they were both running for the door. He stopped immediately and she didn't. She had a pretty fat lip, but the tears were soon dried and her face cleaned--not too much damage done.
When we were talking at home about the morning Kaylee proudly said, "Mom, I didn't even have to use the phone number! And neither did Parker."
Even after a somewhat traumatic first day--I think they are both still excited to go back tomorrow!

Owie!
2 comments:
I am glad things went so soothly...for the drop off. Good thinking with the phone number. Too bad about the collision.
Post a Comment