Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fabulous Fourth

I Love the Fourth of July. Mostly because I throughly enjoy the Hot Air Balloon Show and I love fireworks. 5:30 came really early that morning but to see the launch we had to be up and moving quickly. The air was crisp and cool--the balloons were beautiful and amazing. Brenna was a bit nervous and held tight to dad, but she was interested and it kept her attention. Kaylee and Parker had a good time too I think. We watched the balloons go and several came back. Worth the effort--definitely!



DADDY'S GIRL





The parade was next on the docket and we all survived it well. Being at the beginning of the parade route this year was a definite plus. My favorite is the marching bands. I admire those kids! Second favorite was the Highway Patrol on their motorbikes. I'm not sure why, maybe I just like coreography. Most of all I enjoyed having the kids entertained while I chatted with my sisters!
Fireworks show was well after bedtime but we braved the crowds to see the Stadium of Fire fireworks show (just wish they could pipe the music out to us too!). We took along with us Grandma and Grandpa Smyth who had arrived to spend the weekend with us and celebrate little cousin Owen's blessing. Fireworks are amazing.
And then . . . we slept--or at least tried too. Brenna caught a virus and had a fever--she didn't sleep very well so. . . neither did I. But it was a great day!

3 comments:

carrie said...

i love the hot air balloon fun in provo!! ah, memories! Ü

looks like you all had a great day!

Elizabeth Kulbeth said...

Cute pictures and even cuter kids-yours are beautiful marci! Wow you guys have been busy. I should look for a carnival around here-that looks sooo fun!

Jordan said...

OOOOOHHHHH! I LOVE those hot air balloons and really miss them now that we're in Lehi. Provo is the place to be on the 4th! Glad you had a great time!!!