Monday, February 4, 2008

Randomness

I will admit, I have been a terrible "blogger" lately. Terrible isn't really the word it is more like just lazy. I have been tagged many times and have yet to be "it." I guess it is much easier to talk about my kids than myself. So anyway as I contemplate what personal details about me I'm willing to reveal, here's a tidbit of what we have been doing lately--

Playing in snow:
We also spent a good deal of January fighting illness. Brenna and Dan both had colds and sinus infections and Parker and I had head colds. Between trips to the doctor we pretty much stayed in and hung out. After 3 days of antibiotics, Brenna ended up needing a shot of antibiotics when her fever spiked to 104.2. That was a very scary afternoon for me. None of my kids has ever had that high of a fever. Luckily, Brenna was feeling much better by the next day--and we finally started getting a little more sleep around here! We are finally recovered and looking to a bit more exciting February!
We did make it to Chuck E Cheese for arcade games last week!
And then it snowed some more:
Not pictured: Avoiding the snow by staying inside. I found a large set of tinkertoys at the local thrift store for $2.oo. Probably some of the best money ever spent! The kids love "tinkering!" Parker likes to build his version of airplanes and helicopters and Kaylee prefers building swingsets. Brenna is just happy as long as the pieces fit in her mouth.
And. . . more Snow
We have received plenty of it!!
I particularily love the days when there is no wind, the flakes are huge and just blanket everything. I love when I can't see across the street because the sky is so filled with flakes. I feel at peace when it snows like this. Just as long as I can stay at home and enjoy it! One of my favorite things is just to sit and watch.

2 comments:

carrie said...

i am so jealous of all the snow you guys are getting out there!! it's like it waited until i left!

glad everyone is feeling better. never fun being sick.

Di and Justin said...

can't believe how fast your kids are growing up... just seemed like yesturday we were studying our little butts then...
hope all is well
di-