Ok--so I've been a pretty big blogging slacker lately. I have been enjoying blog surfing in my free internet time rather than actually recording my own memories. Therefore I have lots of pictures. I don't necessarily think that is a bad thing, I just wonder--for me looking at pictures of my kids over and over is very entertaining and enjoyable. But for anyone else (I'm not sure why I care . . ) how many times can you see their adorable little faces before you say enough. To whomever dares venture into our Wonderful Life, you won't enjoy these photos as much as I do, but I'll let you take a peek anyway :)
Summer just isn't Summer without:
1. Cooling off in the sprinklers
These pictures are actually funny to me because that is probably the one run-through that Parker made in the sprinklers--he spends most his time hanging on the outskirts, while it is rare for Kaylee to take a rest from the action. A little role reversal I suppose. Brenna just keeps venturing too close for comfort and taking off running when the water starts spraying her.
2. Digging in the Dirt
Probably one of Parker's favorite activities this summer--dig it up then fill any container he can find and pack it onto my patio--where Brenna thinks it is fair game to eat! I love that the kids love dirt. Honestly, I don't even care if they want to eat it--I remember eating dirt as a child and I liked it, probably still would today! I just don't want it in the patio--it is an endless battle--I'm pretty sure I'm not winning.
3. Riding Bikes
While Kaylee and Parker ride a lot, Brenna and I have been slacking off a bit. On our last outing (For FHE) Brenna decided she was finished in the trailer--I had to ride home to get the car to pick her up. (This picture is obviously not from that occasion!) I haven't dared try again yet. I just need to break down and buy a bike seat for the back of my bike. Bikes are the best!!
Not that I have a green thumb--Dan usually plants the flowers and I try to keep them alive for half the summer then give up for the rest of the summer and hope that the sprinklers do their job--(which they only half do.) So half my flowerbed looks great and the other half--lets just say struggles. We planted Begonias and Pansies (ok so I just learned that pansies were a springtime flower. How come it takes three years for me to figure that out!!) And a hydrangea bush which I am very much enjoying. It is small but just starting to bloom blue flowers (blue--means alkaline soil, pink means acidic) see I have learned a bit! We are growing tomatoes also--they are doing pretty good (at least 2 of the 4 plants are).
5. Just Hanging out with Friends and Family
Brenna and Tabatha. Sharing!! It doesn't happen too often so we best remember it.
And not much beats blowing bubbles!
(disclaimer: this list is not meant to be all-inclusive or extensive and may leave out numerous examples of things summer wouldn't be summer without. . . )
1 comment:
i love the pic of Brenna in the bike trailer. very funny!
i'm just learning about plants and trying to keep some alive this year. i have some die, but have had some luck, too. it's very exciting when the second happens! Ü
Post a Comment