Saturday, November 1, 2008

Birthday Woe


Probably for the first time in 30 birthdays I actually feel older than yesterday. There is just something about saying goodbye to the tewnty-somethings and hello to this new decade. I find myself complaining about my aching back when working out, adding lots of fiber to my diet because it's healthy, and actually thinking about politics. Isn't All-Bran for old people? Exactly--here I am. I'm sure I will look back in ten years and sigh at myself and wish to go back to the glorious 30's, but today I will stretch out my aching back, turn on the pilates and eat left over Halloween candy!
Regardless of age, I had a great birthday! Dinner with Dan, Breakfast with my favorite girls (the adult ones anyway: Thanks to Mom, Cassy, Chari, Karli, Amber, and Stacy for indulging me with a morning out), and a pumpkin party with the fam.
Being the camera operator of the family, this is the only picture with me in it, and I had to steal it from Karli's facebook page. I'm not sure what is up with Dan.
Stay tuned for a tribute to thirty! Thirty wonderful things about me (or not so wonderful-we will see).

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I don't mind getting older as long as I don't feel older. I wonder how we reverse that?
Happy late Birthday!

Tannie Datwyler said...

You crack me up! Happy birthday. I'm sure I'll feel the same way in 5 years.

Merinda said...

Just remember one thing, I turned ten a month before you were born, so as you turned 30 this year, I turned 40 and yes, it was extremely hard to go to a new decade in my life. I am really starting to believe that age is all relative, and that you are really only as old as you feel, so stretch out that back, you have alot more good years left if you. I can truly say that I am having the time of my life right now and wouldn't go back to the 20 somethings for anything if that means anything to you. Keep up the good work.

Handsfullmom said...

Happy Birthday to you! You'll love your thirties! My birthday is tomorrow and I'll be 31, so I have tons of experience being old. =)