I learned that no matter how many times you have made a particular receipe it will not turn out if you mistakenly remember that it calls for baking powder instead of baking soda. Muffins will not raise, therfore will not cook through, and will be absolutely undedible--unless you like salt dough which is what I thought they tasted like--Kaylee didn't seem to mind. Cereal for us this morning!
Kids can throw up and then just slide to the other end of the bed and continue sleeping. It makes for a rather nasty suprise when mom and dad go to tuck children in. It was Brenna and in her defense I guess she didn't have anywhere else to go because she is in a crib, but I would have expected hear the event or hear her cry--nope, not a sound.
Hope the rest of my lessons learned today are pleasant ones--yours too!
p.s. does anyone know if I can just add in the missing soda into the remainder of the batter and make it work? We have about 2 dozen worth of muffins left in the batch.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Lessons Learned the Hard and Yucky Way
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Marci!
I'm sorry. We've all had those days.
It kinda makes you want to ask for a "Do-over".
Good luck with the rest of your day!
well, couple of things, as far as the muffins are concerned, adding the other ingredient is cheap and won't cost you more than more time, so I would go for it and see how it turns out. As for the throwing up thing, been there, done that. It's amazing what kids can sleep through. I have had older kids throw up in their sleep and as gross as it sounds, roll around in it in the night and not know anything until the morning. I have told you before and I will tell you again, it really does get better, I promise. You can never call yourself a fabulous cook if you don't make mistakes along the path. Mistakes are what we learn from right?
Post a Comment