Sunday, December 9, 2007

Ho! Ho! HO!

So. . . Dan and I were in charge of our ward Christmas Party this year. It was quite an undertaking. I won't say everything was perfect, but it did go pretty smoothly. Dan does really well with these kinds of things--planning and organizing is right up his alley. I, on the other hand, worked long on my one simple--self assigned--project and was still putting finishing touches on it Saturday morning just hours before the event.

We had a good evening with lots of help from many ward members. Santa did come and visit and the kids enjoyed that (well most of them)! Kaylee was so nervous she wouldn't go into the same room as him without me, but insisted in standing in line. For her turn she wouldn't go anywhere near him or even talk. I told him what she wanted but forgot one item and she quickly put me right--she obviously doesn't want to get passed by! Parker couldn't remember want he wanted but seemed happy enough to tell Santa that--and Brenna was a bit nervous, but we did get a decent picture!

It has been fun to see the kids learn the tradition of santa and get excited for Christmas. Kaylee is worried that #1 We don't have a chimney, but since we will be in Phoenix at Grandma Smyth's that is taken care of--and #2 How are we going to let santa know we are going to be at Grandma's?!



2 comments:

Di and Justin said...

Marci I love your hair....

ottspot said...

Hi Smyth Family! I was thinking to myself "Hmm..I wonder which of our old friends are most likely to have a blog..maybe the Smyths!" and sure enough I found you. Your newest little one is awfully cute! Hope you have a merry Christmas! You can see us online at willonanza.blogspot.com.
~ Ott Family