Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Wonders of Winter

The kids have been having so much fun going around the complex and finding icicles and other wonders of winter. They pick up big chunks of ice and throw them on the sidewalk to see it shatter and have been making a "collection." Yesterday I saw Kaylee take a large icicle I had given her off the roof and hide or save it under the threshold of our front door. She was very careful to tuck it under there just right.
Today Parker and Kaylee came running into the house with this "treasure." I believe the correct name they were yelling in their excitement was an Ice Spoon. Kaylee asked me to keep it safe in the house, and I had to remind her (as I have many times lately) that it will melt in the house :). So she gladly took it outside and added it to the collection-the big pile of icicles (broken and whole), and ice chunks and whatever else is neat or cool to a 3 & 4 year old. I'm just glad they can find something fun to keep them busy outside before they come in begging for hot chocolate.

No comments: